Position: Data Analyst
Location: Cape Town
Salary Bracket: R15 000 – R20 000
Start date: Immediately
Closing Date for applications: 22 September 2017
Fetola are Cape Town based business growth professionals whose purpose is to accelerate the success of small businesses across the country. The company has a small head office with a national network of stakeholders. The role of the Data Analyst is to improve the success of participant businesses through the implementation of improved financial management systems, assist them to track and analyse their finance performance. The role requires proven analytical skills, and a passion for problem solving. The candidate should have good communication skills, a passion for excellence and the ability to work both independently and in a team.
Experience and Training:
- Relevant University degree – e.g. Business Administration, Finance or Economics (Stats, Maths, Business Science and Economics)
- Minimum of 2-5 years related working experience
- Strong data analysis skills (monitoring & evaluation advantageous)
- Basic Accounting knowledge,
- Strong financial and administrative background,
- Database management capabilities,
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office Suite
- Candidate should have a passion for, and skill in problem solving,
- The ability to apply themselves through analytical thinking and critical thinking,
- Meticulous and detail-orientated,
- Candidate should be self-motivated and enthusiastic,
- Culturally sensitive and personable,
- Keen fast learner, able to prioritise & manage own time and
- Reliable and committed team member
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience and proof thereof
- Conduct monthly analysis of participant’s financial data
- Assist with the monitoring and evaluation of participant performance
- Roll out the finance portfolio through implementation of new financial systems into SME participants
- Build and write reports
- Provide advice and support where appropriate
- Ad-hoc tasks
Please note if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
How to apply:
Please complete your application form here.
Position: Business Mentor
- Reporting to: Senior Business Mentor (Cape Town)
- Fees Bracket: R 500 – 750 per hour
- Employment Type: Short-term contract/part-time basis
- Location: National
Fetola is expanding and we are on the lookout for excellent Business Mentors! Over the past ten years as leading SME-growth facilitators, Fetola’s pool of mentors has become the cornerstone of our success – working nationally with mostly black-owned, rural, women and youth-owned businesses (ranging from early stage to R20m turnover).
We are proud of the quality, commitment and capabilities of our mentors, and our on-going professional development programme ensures their continued enthusiasm and skill. Fetola mentor selection is a competitive process, as we identify those who demonstrate passion, interpersonal and technical skills, and a proven ability to empower others.
Individuals with entrepreneurial experience, practical business skills, a solutions-focused approach and an empathetic interpersonal style are invited to apply. This includes mentors from all sectors, with a range of skills including sales, marketing, costing and pricing, finance management, human resource management, engineering services, agro-processing etc. Our appointment of mentors is dependent on the nature, location and numbers of SMEs in need of assistance, currently with a greater need in the more rural provinces.
Education or Qualification: University Degree or Diploma preferred.
Experience and/or Training: 15+ years of hands-on business experience. Own business/entrepreneurial experience and basic computer skills required.
Demonstrated skills & practical experience in business; relevant life experience and entrepreneurial exposure; and well networked with proven ability to contribute materially to the continual improvement and growth of SMEs.
We require candidates who are personally presentable, professional and with a positive outlook; flexible and adaptable, self-motivated, enthusiastic and results driven; culturally sensitive and with friendly open personalities who are able to create a ‘safe space’ for learning.
You will be responsible for assessing the needs of the business and entrepreneur and provide appropriate mentorship to selected entrepreneurs in a range of sectors, across peri-urban and rural areas of the country. Your specific role will then be to facilitate appropriate changes, increase confidence and practical skills, and support market/growth opportunities. We require candidates who have high-energy levels, a passionate commitment to making a difference, and an encouraging results-driven, yet empathetic nature.
You will work closely with your mentor-manager, and provide real-time feedback on progress via our online system.
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please complete your application form by clicking here. Alternatively, we encourage you to forward this message to anyone in your network who you feel might be interested.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Should you not hear from us, please assume that in this instance your skills and location did not match our SME needs.
If you have previously applied and have not heard from us, do not be disheartened! You may not have previously met the needs of the programme requirements, but please forward us a recent copy of your CV for a fresh look.